LEGAL TERMS OF THE COMPETITION: NAKATHON 2023
This Competition is organized by the entity NTT DATA Spain, S.L.U., with VAT number B-82387770, domiciled in Madrid 28050, Camino Fuente de la Mora, 1 (hereinafter, the "Company”).
Through this initiative, the Company intends to generate awareness of NAKA, the VR solution of the Company, as well as, support the integration of different teams within the Company.
THIRD.- OBJECTIVE SCOPE
The Nakathon 2023 is open for all the employees belonging to companies within NTT Data Europe & Latam Group.
FOURTH.- TIME SCOPE
The competition will be open from 1:00 p.m. on 25th March until 7:00 p.m. on 26th March 2023 (CET). In addition to the proper competition, from February 20th to March 25th there will be sessions and webinars with the participants and the NAKA environment will be open for them to practice (the proper competition and the previous period for sessions, webinars and practice will be hereinafter, the "Competition").
The Competition will be communicated by the Company indistinctly through, among others, any of the following ways:
- E-mail campaign through which different communications will be launched both before and on the day of the Competition.
SIXTH.- REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION AND OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION
All those who wish to participate in the Competition must comply with the requirements established in the terms and conditions of these rules.
The requirements to participate in the Competition are the following:
1. They must be employees of any company belonging to NTT DATA Europe & Latam Group;
2. At least one person of the team must have, minimum, a basic knowledge of programming;
3. They must have successfully registered at the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/jku4JWDP1d
The process of evaluation of candidacies contemplates the following phases:
There will be four criteria for evaluation, and each criterion will be scored on a scale from 0 to 10, 10 being the maximum score.
1. Technological development: Are there good practices used in the development of the solution? Weight on the final score: 30%
2. Business impact: Does your solution have a real impact on the business? Does it solve the challenge and provide added value? Weight on the final score: 30%
3. Creativity and innovation: Is your solution something different and new? Weight on the final score: 20%
4. User experience: Is your solution easy to use and intuitive? Does it offer a stellar user experience? Weight on the final score: 20%
After the proper competition, each team will have to present their project. Once all the projects have been presented, the jury will be able to ask questions and will rate each project.
The mechanics of the Competition will be as follows:
- Employees will have to sign up for the Competition accessing the link to a Microsoft Forms document following a list of communication actions where they shall understand the Competition and the challenges to solve.
- Once accessed, they will have to answer mandatory questions regarding personal data (full name, email address, employee number) both for themselves as well as for other members of their team, as well as the name of the team and the country they represent.
- Questions are mandatory up until the questions that relate to the personal data of the third member of the group, following the guideline of groups ranging mandatorily from 2 (two) to 5 (five) members.
- Hours spent by the participants in the Competition are of their personal use and will in no case be remunerated economically nor will they be exchanged by vacation days by the Company.
- Before the proper competition takes place, groups will be able to access the NAKA environment from the 20th of February for an unlimited set of hours, where they will be able to ideate, practice and develop their projects or ideas towards the proper competition on the 25th and 26th of March.
- On the 25th and 26th of March, days when the proper competition takes place, groups will have 30 (thirty) hours to supercharge their solution. The developments proposed will be evaluated by a jury according to previously established criteria.
- After a thorough evaluation of all the solutions proposed by the teams, matching them with the criteria, a final grade will be set for every group, determining the winner of the Competition. The winner team will receive a set of one VR Headset per member, as well as one voucher for stores and/or VR platforms per member.
- The winner solution will also have the potential to be implemented by the NAKA team as a new integration/development within the platform.
Under no circumstances may the prize be given to persons other than the person/s who have been the winner/s of the Competition.
In any case, the winner/s undertakes to preserve the good image and reputation of the Company or any of its brands.
The prizes to be awarded to the winner or winners of this Competition are:
- One VR Headset per person
- One voucher for stores and/or VR platforms per person
Participation is on a team basis, by filling out a form in Microsoft Forms.
The distribution of the prizes will be as follows: one VR headset per person for each member of the winning team.
One voucher for store and/or VR platform per person for each member of the winning team.
The same person may participate only once in the Competition. For clarification purposes, the participation of those users with different names, in which the same email address coincides, will not be considered valid.
EIGHTH.- GENERAL CONDITIONS
8.1.- Limitations to participation
• The Company is entitled to exclude participants who do not comply with the requirements of this Competition or who, in the opinion of the Company, have failed to comply with any other provision of these terms and conditions and/or who defraud, alter or disable the proper functioning and the normal and regulatory course of the Competition.
• The data provided by the participants must be truthful. Given that the data are essential for participation in this Competition, in the event that they are false, the Company may eliminate the participant from the Competition. In the event that the falsity of the data has not been detected after the participant has won a prize in this Competition, the participant will also be excluded from the Competition.
• In the cases indicated above, the excluded participants will lose their right to the prize.
• Participants who leave the Company by the date of the Competition (including the days of the Competition) and are no longer employees of the Company will lose their right to the prize.
8.2.- Acceptance of the legal bases
• The mere fact of participating in the Competition implies full and unreserved acceptance of these terms and conditions and of the criteria of the Company as regards the resolution of any question arising from the Competition.
• The Competition reserves the right to make any changes it deems appropriate to these rules at any time, including but not limited to the cancellation, repetition, extension, postponement or modification thereof. This situation will be duly notified to the participants through the same means by which the Competition has been communicated, and the Company shall be exempt from any obligation or economic compensation with respect to the participants.
8.3.- Competition prizes, their acceptance and assignment
• The prizes are non-transferable and under no circumstances may they be subject to change, alteration or compensation at the request of the winners, and the winners will be the ones to enjoy them, unless expressly authorized by the Company.
• Once delivered to the winners, the prizes may not be the object of legal transactions entered into for commercial or advertising purposes.
• The images or videos in which the prize of the Competition are advertised may reflect goods or services with characteristics significantly different from those that constitute the prize to be delivered, not deriving therefrom for the Company a contractual or legal obligation to deliver as a prize exactly the good or service that is reflected in such images or videos.
• The Company may request the winners to accept the prize in writing. Winners may waive the prize won, although such waiver must be in writing and signed by the waiving winner.
• The winners will be announced by the jury on the 26/03/2023, after the end of the presentations of all the projects.
• How to notify the winners: through corporate e-mail.
• How to receive the prize: The winners will be contacted by e-mail in order to obtain the shipping address. The prize will be sent to the provided address.
8. 4.- Taxation of prizes
• All relevant tax provisions shall be applicable to the prize of this Competition, according to the legislation applicable at any given time.
• With the exception of the Company's obligations to make withholdings and payments on account on the value of the prizes that may correspond, all other tax liabilities that may arise from the prize will be for the account of the winners.
8.5.- Exemption of liability
• The Company, its suppliers, subcontractors, subcontractors, partners, agents or distributors are exonerated from any liability for damages, whether physical or otherwise, that the winner of the Competition may suffer for any act or omission not attributable to the Company, its suppliers, contractors, partners, agents or distributors, during the enjoyment of the prize and within the limits established in the applicable regulations.
• The Company shall not be liable for any damages arising from participation in this Competition. Consequently, the participants of this Competition exonerate the Company, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any type of liability, sanction, claim, lawsuit or civil, commercial, criminal, administrative or any other type of cause, including compensation of any nature and/or kind, costs or any other type of expenses (expressly including attorneys' and lawyers' fees) in which the Company may be involved as a result of and on the occasion of this Competition.
• The Company is not responsible for the acts and behaviors of the participants, nor for their hypothetical criminal, civil or any other kind of liability, nor for possible losses, damages, thefts, delays or any other circumstance attributable to the winner or his/her companion, if applicable, or to third parties (such as, for example, travel agencies, airlines, etc.) that may affect both the participation and the enjoyment of the gifts of this Competition.
• The Company is exonerated from any liability arising from the malfunction of electronic communication networks that prevent the normal development of the Competition for reasons beyond the Company's control and especially for external acts of bad faith. Neither shall the Company be liable for transmission problems or loss of data not attributable to it.
• The Company is not responsible for the services that, if any, third party companies provide on the occasion and occasion of the implementation of this Competition.
• In the event of any technical or operational failure that hinders the normal development of the Competition and, in particular, that makes it impossible to determine the winners, the Company shall terminate the Competition, and the participants shall waive any claim, lawsuit or civil, commercial, criminal, administrative or any other type of cause against the Company, pursuing any liability, penalty, including compensation of any nature and/or nature, costs or any other type of compensation.
8.6.- Responsible declaration
• The Company undertakes to carry out the Competition in accordance with the principles of legality, truthfulness and authenticity contained in our legal system.
8.7.- Deposit of bases and their publication
• These bases will be deposited and published in the corporate intranet (Doorways) and in the IP Office Community.
NINTH.- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Participants acknowledge that all intellectual property they create, modify or enhance on the NAKA platform, in the course of the Competition, is and will remain the exclusive property of the Company.
All the Intellectual Property created by the participants will remain or/and will be exclusively assigned to the Company from its creation and for its commercial exploitation or not. The assignment referred to in this document applies to the entire period of protection of the corresponding rights, reserving the Company the possibility of using all the development, parts of it, or having the choice of not implementing the winning solution in the mentioned platform, without compensation and in accordance with the Law.
By virtue of the transfer of rights in the previous section, the Company reserves the exclusive rights of exploitation, and the participants cannot commercialize the developments carried out as a result of the Competition or offer them to third parties. They may not disclose, disseminate, publish or reproduce their developments in written or oral media, or any other, whether public or private, since all information is strictly confidential.
10.1.- Applicable law
• The Competition is governed by the Spanish legislation in force. All disputes arising in application of these Legal Bases shall be resolved by the Courts of the City of Madrid.